- IO1: Operator of Smart and Green/Sustainable Buildings ECVET compliant training curriculum and course material
- IO2: Job profile of: Operator of Smart and Green/Sustainable Buildings (OPERATOR OF THE 21ST CENTURY)
- IO3: Mobile Learning Management System including training (interactive) videos to facilitate the understanding of concepts and examples and pre/self/post assessment
IO1: Operator of Smart and Green/Sustainable Buildings ECVET compliant training curriculum and course material
- It will provide curriculum which will train building operators, property and asset managers in the domains of managing “buildings of the future” in order to maintain required occupant comfort and comply with energy efficiency/ecology regulations. It will address the following areas of knowledge: Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems, domotics, service robotics, etc.
- Smart Building Operators perform a variety of tasks in their roles nowadays. With the advancement of building technologies and automation, a role that was initially limited to general building maintenance and tending to tenant complaints, now includes responsibilities related to HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) systems, usually installed and controlled by a BMS, BAS (building automation system) controls and even mechanical maintenance and plumbing. The use of IoTs (Internet of Things) can reduce the energy wastes.A mobile device measuring the temperature on a conference table, provides a better knowledge of the occupants’ comfort than a sensor deployed somewhere on the roof. Being able to use all those data and analyse and make sense out of it, creates opportunities for energy savings and reduction of gas emissions. But the Building Operators need to be able to understand these concepts, implement them properly to save energy and maintain them also properly.
IO2: Job profile of: Operator of Smart and Green/Sustainable Buildings (OPERATOR OF THE 21ST CENTURY)
The occupational profile / state educational standard will provide the framework into which the VET trainees could accumulate knowledge, skills and competences during delivery of specialised VET course.
As preliminary set the partnership has identified the following:
- Knowledge about IoTs (Internet of Things) can reduce the energy wastes
- Knowledge about data and analyse and make sense out of it, creates opportunities for energy savings and reduction of gas emissions
- Knowledge on use of green technologies and knowledge of energy saving incentives and programs also becomes the responsibility of the building operator
- Knowledge on analysis of vast amounts of data being accumulated by BAS and on-site equipment
- Knowledge about remote BAS accessibility and control so that they can modify buildings operating conditions from the comfort of their offices or from their mobile devices to allow for quicker turnaround on tenant complaints
- Improved consultancy skills of the learner
- Improved building maintenance
- Improved negotiation and mediation skills of the learners to ensure successful negotiations with the owners and facility managers
- Improved ability to maintain required occupant comfort and comply with energy efficiency/ecology regulation
- Improved ability to manage different perspectives and expectations of owners and facility managers/asset managers
- Improved ability to apply individualized and creative techniques based on best practice guidelines
- Improved supervision ability to conduct the process to satisfy the tenants and keep them happy by making sure they are comfortable, ensure that the building is being operated well and maintenance work is being performed timely and effectively
IO3: Mobile Learning Management System including training (interactive) videos to facilitate the understanding of concepts and examples and pre/self/post assessment
- A native Android mobile app will be developed to facilitate the self-planning, self-learning and independent use of the project intellectual outputs 1 and 2 by the VET trainees and VET trainers (virtual tutoring).
- The app will offer a simple, intuitive and self-explained user interface, thus removing usage stress and subsequently increasing adoptability by all types of users.
- The app will enable the 24/7 access to learning content developed in the framework of IO1 and 2.